Part Time Director of Children and Youth Ministries Indian Trail Presbyterian Church
Indian Trail, N.C.
Indian Trail Presbyterian Church
As Director of Children and Youth Ministries, this individual should be a self-starter, responsible for working with the Christian Education committee to help coordinate and manage a comprehensive Christian Education program that will teach our children and youth about God's saving grace in Jesus Christ. This person will take his or her turn teaching Sunday school, but more importantly, assist in recruitment and training of Sunday school teachers and youth leaders. He or she will direct an already existing mid week children’s program. The Minister of Children and Youth will be responsible for giving the children’s message on Sundays and will be expected to participate in Christian Education activities such as Easter Egg Hunt, VBS, and the children’s Christmas pageant. The person hired will advise in the selection of curriculum and Christian Education policies.
Children's Ministries Assistant
White Plains United Methodist Church
Director of Children's Choir and/or Director of Handbells
Park Street United Methodist Church
Park Street United Methodist Church is conducting a search for the positions of Director of Children’s Choir and/or Director of Hand Bells. The candidate must have a musical background in leading children’s choirs and youth and adult hand bells with two years of experience preferred. This position also requires that the person have good communications skills, the ability to work effectively as a team member, and the desire to grow an essential program in the church.
Applicants may apply for either or both of these positions by submitting a letter of intent and a resume no later than Monday, June 3, to the following:
Park Street United Methodist church
Attention: Pam Wilson or Trish Tate
120 Park Street
Belmont, NC 28012
Director of Children's and Youth Ministies
Trinity United Methodist Church
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries reports to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor supervises the scope of duties described and provides ongoing day-to-day counsel relative to operations and job performance. The Staff Parish Relations Committee oversees the fulfillment of responsibilities defined in the job description, including defining goals, evaluation and communication of strengths and opportunities related to the performance of the position. The Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries coordinates and supervises nursery staff.
Sylva First United Methodist Church
Sylva First United Methodist Church is a 580+ member church in Sylva, North Carolina, a town of 2500 located near Western Carolina University and Southwestern Community College. The church has a diverse congregation and is a leader in the faith community in Sylva. Facilities are updated with a large and versatile Christian Life Center that is available for community groups to use. The surrounding area offers a wide variety of numerous educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities for the entire family.
The Associate pastor shall provide general and spiritual ministry alongside the senior pastor in the sacramental, pastoral, and administrative responsibilities required to enable the church to fulfill its mission and ministry. This includes, but is not limited to, worship leadership and preaching, administrative leadership, teaching and pastoral care/visitation.
Young Adult, Youth and Children Ministries:
Provide administrative, pastoral care, leadership and programmatic oversight for the Youth and Children’s ministries. Work with the Youth Director to implement a meaningful youth program (includes Sunday School, youth group, confirmation, youth missions, etc.) In consultation with the senior pastor, teach a confirmation class for youth.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Children’s program. Lead the securing of resources (curriculum material, volunteers, etc.) for the Children’s program and work with the Sunday School Superintendent to be sure that materials are available.
- Develop and provide pastoral vision, leadership, clear direction and organizational insight for the Young Adult Ministry. Offer young adults the opportunities to initiate or deepen their relationships with Jesus Christ leading to the formation of disciples within the community and to prepare for future leadership of the church. Provide activities that will build community among the young adults in the church as well as in the larger community.
- In consultation with the senior pastor, perform the pastoral duties of visitation for those who are homebound, those in the hospital (per the pastor’s request or in the pastor’s absence), those who are in bereavement, and assist with general visitation as requested.
Worship and Preaching:
- In consultation with the senior pastor, serve as liturgist for worship and assist senior pastor. Preach in the pastor’s absence.
- Establish a worship leadership/preaching schedule.
Nurture and Outreach:
- Provide assistance to persons requesting help from the church and serve as church liaison with community agencies providing assistance.
- Develop and direct a wide variety of Wednesday family night activities. Provide activities that are scheduled for each age group; secure volunteers to lead activities; and make arrangements for a family night meal (catered or covered-dish).
- In consultation with the senior pastor, develop and administer a comprehensive ministry of prospective member outreach and church growth, including the visitation of prospective members.
- Assist the senior pastor in scheduling and conducting sessions for inquirers and potential new members.
- Attend staff meetings, Church Council meetings, and other meetings necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of associate pastor.
- Other responsibilities assigned by senior pastor and/or SPRC.
- Participate in District and Conference programs and ministries.
Send resume and cover letter to
Mike Shuford, senior pastor
P. O. Box 296
Sylva, NC 28779